|Social networking, email, help desk|
|માલિક||Opera Software ASA|
|નોંધણી||No, optional to use every feature|
My Opera is the support community for the Opera web browser. More than 7,500 new members join per day, and the site has more than 9 million members. In addition to being a support site for the Opera browser, My Opera is a social networking site, featured with blogs, photo albums, and more.
The My Opera Community was launched in August 2001 as a simple support site for the browser, and the website had its first upgrade a month later on September 11. On December 15, 2003, the website underwent an upgrade that allowed users to access more features.
In September 2005, the My Opera Community added major improvements. During this upgrade, users were given access to photo albums, improved blogs (formerly journals), the ability to create custom groups, and 300MB of free storage space. Improvements to blogging included the introduction of "mobile blogging" or blogging from a mobile phone through MMS.
On March 8, 2007, Opera released a new version of the site.
The new hardware for the 2006 upgrade was put to use for a beta test website on October 26, 2006. This website was intended to remain up even after the final install of the new hardware on the regular website. There are extensive plans for various subdomains on the My Opera site.
Blog support started out with a personal "Journal" service. In September 2005, along with other major improvements the service, "Journal" was changed to a "Blog" service. Opera Software also uses a blog as a way to publish news on its weekly updates through the Opera Desktop Team Blog, which is the most popular blog on the community. Users also have the option of listing their blog on a world map.
There is a subsection called "Forums" devoted to Opera-themed forums or official off-topic forums. There are also separate forums in an individual's Groups (groups that can be created by any user and automatically has its own blog, forums, photo albums and other additional pages such as the description and members list). All forums support standard BBCode-based features.
My Opera Mail offers its users a free email account. It is currently a beta release, and new features are being added regularly. Features of My Opera Mail are similar to that of a basic e-mail service. Accounts include 1 GB of storage, but this is separate from the My Opera 2 GB storage. It is compatible with POP and IMAP email retrieval protocols as well as XMPP instant messaging.
Opera Link[ફેરફાર કરો]
There are several Opera subdomain sites that use a My Opera account. These include:
- Opera Widgets, a site for uploading Widgets for the Opera browser
- Dev.Opera, a site for developers to write articles and share tips and tricks.
- Opera Portal, the default page for the Opera Browser. It includes a search engine and customizable news feeds.
- Opera Link, to administrate the synchronized bookmarks, notes, and the Speed Dial for the Opera Browser on different devices.
- Opera Add-ons, the domain which contains the extensions and themes catalogs.
- "Opera Community Member Statistics". the original માંથી 2010-01-09 પર સંગ્રહિત. Retrieved 2009-10-10. Check date values in:
- "T-Mobile deploys My Opera Community for web'n'walk". Europe Intelligence Wire. 2007-03-15. Retrieved 2008-09-23. Check date values in:
- "My Opera Community, ey? What's the catch?". Retrieved 2008-09-23. Check date values in:
- Opera in Your Community Opera revamps MyOpera community and enhances the Opera Composer
- Jaques, Robert (2003-12-17). "Curtain goes up on My Opera redesign". VNUNET.com. Retrieved 2008-09-23. Check date values in:
- Millard, Elizabeth (2005-10-19). "Opera Enables Mobile Bloggin". eWeek. Retrieved 2008-09-23. Check date values in:
- Oh Glorious Day!! - My Opera Community Main Page Blog
- Introducing the Opera Community Beta Site
- Welcome to My Opera Mail beta
- "New My Opera Community site launched" (અંગ્રેજી માં). W3 Reports. 08-03-2007. Retrieved 2008-09-21. Check date values in:
- My Opera Blogs arranged in order of most visited
- Fowler, Dennis (2008-06-18). "Opera 9.5 -- a fine browsing alternative". Computerworld.com. Retrieved 2008-09-23. Check date values in: