2010 United States Census
|નોંધપાત્ર વસ્તી સાથેના વિસ્તારો|
|United Arab Emirates||50,000|
|Primarily English, but also Spanish and others|
|Primarily Christian (Protestantism, Catholicism, and Mormonism)|
Various non-Christian religions (Judaism and others)
ઉંગ્લિશમાં "અમેરિકન" શબ્દ કેવલ યુનાઇટેડ સ્ટેટ્સના લોકો માટે વાપરવાય છતાં પણ ઈ આખા અમારેકીના લોકોને નિર્દેશી શકે.
સ્વદેશી અમેરિકનો સિવાય, અમેરિકનો છેલ્લા પાંચ સદીયોમાં અમરેકિમાં આવ્યા યા ગુલામ પ્રમાણે લાવવા ગયા.
જાતીય અને વંશીય સમૂહો[ફેરફાર કરો]
જાતી અને વંશી પ્રમાણે યૂનાઇટેડ સ્ટેટ્સ એક વિભાન્ન દેશ છે.
એશિયન અમેરિકનો[ફેરફાર કરો]
૧૭૩ લાખ અમેરિકનો (યૂ૰એસ૰ની વસ્તીના ૫.૬%) એસિયન ઉદ્ભવના છે.
ભારતીય કુળના અમેરિકનોમાંથી ગુજરાતી અમેરિકનો વસ્તીમાં સાવથી વધારે છીયે.
|એશીયન અમેરિકનોના કુળો|
of total population
|એશીયન અમેરિકન (કુલ)||૫.૬%||૧,૭૩,૨૦,૮૫૬|
|૨૦૧૦ યુ૰એસ૰ સેન્સસ|
|ભાષા||વસ્તીના ટકા||બોલનારાની સંખ્યા|
|ઉંગ્લિશ ઉપરાંત બઘી ભાષાયોનું કુલ||૨૦%||૫,૭૦,૪૮,૬૧૭|
- People live in Mexico, INEGI, 2010
- Smith, Dr. Claire M. (August 2010). "These are our Numbers: Civilian Americans Overseas and Voter Turnout" (PDF). OVF Research Newsletter. Overseas Vote Foundation. Retrieved December ૧૧, 2012.
Previous research indicates that the number of U.S. Americans living in Mexico is around 1 million, with 600,000 of those living in Mexico City.
- "Ethnic origins, 2006 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories - 20% sample data". Statistics Canada. Government of Canada. June 10, 2010. Retrieved February ૧૭, 2013.
Ethnic origins Americans Total responses 316,350
- Barrie McKenna (June 27, 2012). "Tax amnesty offered to Americans in Canada". The Globe and Mail. Ottawa. Retrieved December ૧૭, 2012.
There are roughly a million Americans in Canada – many with little or no ties to the United States.
- "U.S. Relations With the Philippines". Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs. United States Department of State. January 31, 2014. Retrieved November ૧૭, 2014.
There are an estimated four million Americans of Philippine ancestry in the United States, and more than 220,000 U.S. citizens in the Philippines, including a large presence of United States veterans.
Cooper, Matthew (November 15, 2013). "Why the Philippines Is America's Forgotten Colony". National Journal. Retrieved January ૨૮, 2015.
- Cooper, Matthew (15 November 2013). "Why the Philippines Is America's Forgotten Colony". National Journal. Retrieved ૨૮ January 2015.
c. At the same time, person-to-person contacts are widespread: Some 600,000 Americans live in the Philippines and there are 3 million Filipino-Americans, many of whom are devoting themselves to typhoon relief.
- Daphna Berman (January 23, 2008). "Need an appointment at the U.S. Embassy? Get on line!". Haaretz. Retrieved December ૧૧, 2012.
According to estimates, some 200,000 American citizens live in Israel and the Palestinian territories.
- Michele Chabin (March 19, 2012). "In vitro babies denied U.S. citizenship". USA Today. Jerusalem. Retrieved December ૧૧, 2012.
Most of the 200,000 U.S. citizens in Israel have dual citizenship, and fertility treatments are common because they are free.
- "Population by Country of Birth and Nationality Report, August 2012" (PDF). Office for National Statistics. August 30, 2012. Retrieved December ૧૧, 2012.
- Simon Rogers (May 26, 2011). "The UK's foreign-born population: see where people live and where they're from". The Guardian. Retrieved February ૧૭, 2013.
County of birth and county of nationality. United States of American 197 143
- "Background Note: Costa Rica". Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs. United States Department of State. April 9, 2012. Retrieved December ૧૧, 2012.
Over 130,000 private American citizens, including many retirees, reside in the country and more than 700,000 American citizens visit Costa Rica annually.
- "U.S. Citizen Services". Embassy of the United States Seoul, Korea. United States Department of State. Retrieved December ૧૧, 2012.
This website is updated daily and should be your primary resource when applying for a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, notarization, or any of the other services we offer to the estimated 120,000 U.S. citizens traveling, living, and working in Korea.
"North Korea propganda video depicts invasion of South Korea, US hostage taking". Advertiser. Agence France-Presse. March 22, 2013. Retrieved March ૨૩, 2013.
According to official immigration figures, South Korea has an American population of more than 130,000 civilians and 28,000 troops.
- "Anzahl der Ausländer in Deutschland nach Herkunftsland (Stand: 31. Dezember 2015)" (in German). Statista.
- "Americans in France". Embassy of the United States, Paris. United States Department of State. Archived from the original on April ૧૮, 2015. Retrieved April ૨૬, 2015.
Today, although no official figure is available it is estimated that over 100,000 American citizens reside in France, making France one of the top 10 destinations for American expatriates.
- "Major Figures on Residents from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan and Foreigners Covered by 2010 Population Census". National Bureau of Statistics of China. April 29, 2011. Archived from the original on May 14, 2011. Retrieved April ૨૯, 2011.
- "Brazil (11/30/11)". Previous Editions of Brazil Background Note. United States Department of State. November 30, 2012. Retrieved December ૧૧, 2012.
The consular section of the embassy, the consulates, and the consular agents provide vital services to the estimated 70,000 U.S. citizens residing in Brazil.
- "Colombia (03/28/13)". United States Department of State. Retrieved February ૨૭, 2014.
Based on Colombian statistics, an estimated 60,000 U.S. citizens reside in Colombia and 280,000 U.S. citizens travel, study and do business in Colombia each year.
- "Hong Kong (10/11/11)". Previous Editions of Hong Kong Background Note. United States Department of State. October 11, 2011. Retrieved December ૧૧, 2012.
There are some 1,400 U.S. firms, including 817 regional operations (288 regional headquarters and 529 regional offices), and over 60,000 American residents in Hong Kong.
- Barry Bearak; Seth Mydans (June 8, 2002). "Many Americans, Unfazed, Go On Doing Business in India". New York Times. Retrieved December ૧૭, 2012.
The number of Americans living in India is often estimated at 60,000.
- "ibid, Ancestry (full classification list) by Sex – Australia". Retrieved October ૧૯, 2014.
- "Table 10.1 Registered Foreigners by Nationality: 1950-2006" (PDF). Ministry of Justice, . Annual Report of Statistics on Legal Migrants. National Institute of Population and Social Security Research. 2008. Retrieved December ૧૧, 2012.
- Kelly Carter (May 17, 2005). "High cost of living crush Americans' dreams of Italian living". USA Today. Positano, Italy. Retrieved December ૧૭, 2012.
Nearly 50,000 Americans lived in Italy at the end of 2003, according to Italy's immigration office.
- "UAE´s population – by nationality". BQ Magazine. 12 April 2015. Retrieved ૧૩ June 2015.
- McKinley Jr.; James C. (January 17, 2010). "For 45,000 Americans in Haiti, the Quake Was 'a Nightmare That's Not Ending'". New York Times. Retrieved February ૨૭, 2015.
- "SAUDI-U.S. TRADE". Commerce Office. Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington D.C. Retrieved February ૧૪, 2012.
Furthermore, there are approximately 40,000 Americans living and working in the Kingdom.
- "Argentina (03/12/12)". Previous Editions of Argentina Background Note. United States Department of State. March 12, 2012. Retrieved December ૨૪, 2012.
The Embassy's Consular Section monitors the welfare and whereabouts of some 37,000 U.S. citizen residents of Argentina and more than 500,000 U.S. tourists each year.
- "Statistics Norway – Persons with immigrant background by immigration category and country background. January 1, 2010". Retrieved October ૧૯, 2014.
- "Bahamas, The (01/25/12)". Previous Editions of Panama Background Note. United States Department of State. January 25, 2012. Retrieved December ૨૯, 2012.
The countries share ethnic and cultural ties, especially in education, and The Bahamas is home to approximately 30,000 American residents.
- Kate King (July 18, 2006). "U.S. family: Get us out of Lebanon". CNN. Retrieved February ૧૪, 2012.
About 350 of the estimated 25,000 American citizens in Lebanon had been flown to Cyprus from the U.S. Embassy in Beirut by nightfall Tuesday, Maura Harty, the assistant secretary of state for consular affairs, told reporters.
- "Panama (03/09)". Previous Editions of Panama Background Note. United States Department of State. March 2009. Retrieved December ૧૭, 2012.
About 25,000 American citizens reside in Panama, many retirees from the Panama Canal Commission and individuals who hold dual nationality.
- "El Salvador (01/10)". United States Department of State. Retrieved April ૧૧, 2014.
More than 19,000 American citizens live and work full-time in El Salvador
- "North Americans: Facts and figures". Te Ara: The Encyclopedia of New Zealand.
- "Honduras (11/23/09)". Previous Editions of Honduras Background Note. United States Department of State. November 23, 2009. Retrieved December ૧૭, 2012.
U.S.-Honduran ties are further strengthened by numerous private sector contacts, with an average of between 80,000 and 110,000 U.S. citizens visiting Honduras annually and about 15,000 Americans residing there.
- "Chile (07/08)". Previous Editions of Chile Background Note. United States Department of State. July 2008. Retrieved December ૧૭, 2012.
The Consular Section of the Embassy provides vital services to the more than 12,000 U.S. citizens residing in Chile.
- "06-08 外僑居留人數 Foreign Residents". National Immigration Agency, MOI. Department of Statistics, Ministry of the Interior. 2011. Retrieved December ૧૭, 2012.
- "STATISTIK AUSTRIA - Bevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeit und Geburtsland". Retrieved October ૧૯, 2014.
- Luis Lug; Sandra Stencel; John Green; Gregory Smith; Dan Cox; Allison Pond; Tracy Miller; Elixabeth Podrebarac; Michelle Ralston (February 2008). "U.S. Religious Landscape Survey" (PDF). Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life. Pew Research Center. Retrieved February ૧૨, 2012.
- Christine Barbour; Gerald C Wright (January 15, 2013). Keeping the Republic: Power and Citizenship in American Politics, 6th Edition The Essentials. CQ Press. pp. 31–33. ISBN 978-1-4522-4003-9. Retrieved January ૬, 2015.
Who Is An American? Native-born and naturalized citizens
- Petersen, William; Novak, Michael; Gleason, Philip (1982). Concepts of Ethnicity. Harvard University Press. p. 62. ISBN 9780674157262. Retrieved February ૧, 2013.
...from Thomas Paine's plea in 1783...to Henry Clay's remark in 1815... "It is hard for us to believe ... how conscious these early Americans were of the job of developing American character out of the regional and generational polaritities and contradictions of a nation of immigrants and migrants." ... To be or to become an American, a person did not have to be of any particular national, linguistic, religious, or ethnic background. All he had to do was to commit himself to the political ideology centered on the abstract ideals of liberty, equality, and republicanism. Thus the universalist ideological character of American nationality meant that it was open to anyone who willed to become an American.
- U.S. Census Bureau.
- "United States". Modern Language Association. Retrieved September ૨, 2013.