ભારતના રાષ્ટ્રપતિઓની યાદી
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|૨૬ જાન્યુઆરી ૧૯૫૦||૧૩ મે ૧૯૬૨||સર્વપલ્લી રાધાકૃષ્ણન||1952 election page & 1957 election page|
Prasad was the first President of independent India from Bihar. He was also an independence activist of the Indian Independence Movement. Prasad was the only president to serve for two terms in office.
|૧૩ મે ૧૯૬૨||૧૩ મે ૧૯૬૭||ઝાકીર હુસૈન||1962 election page|
Radhakrishnan was a prominent philosopher, writer, a Knight of the Realm and also held the position of vice chancellor of the Andhra University and Banaras Hindu University. He was also made a Knight of the Golden Army of Angels by Pope Paul VI.
|૧૩ મે ૧૯૬૭||૩ મે ૧૯૬૯||વરાહગીરી વેંકટગીરી||1967 election page|
Hussain was vice chancellor of the Aligarh Muslim University and a recipient of Padma Vibhushan and Bharat Ratna. He died before his term of office was ended.
|વરાહગીરી વેંકટગીરી *
|૩ મે ૧૯૬૯||૨૦ જુલાઇ ૧૯૬૯||Giri was appointed as Acting President of India following the death of Hussain. He resigned in a few months to take part in the presidential elections.|
|મહંમદ હિદાયતુલ્લાહ *
|૨૦ જુલાઇ ૧૯૬૯||૨૪ ઓગસ્ટ ૧૯૬૯||Hidayatullah served as the Chief Justice of India, and was a recipient of the Order of the British Empire. He served as Acting President of India until the election of Giri as the President of India.|
|૨૪ ઓગસ્ટ ૧૯૬૯||૨૪ ઓગસ્ટ ૧૯૭૪||Gopal Swarup Pathak||1969 election page|
Giri is the only person to have served as both an acting president and president of India. He was a recipient of the Bharat Ratna, and has functioned as Indian Minister of Labour and High Commissioner to Ceylon (Sri Lanka).
|૫||ફકરૂદ્દીન અલી અહમદ
|૨૪ ઓગસ્ટ ૧૯૭૪||૧૧ ફેબ્રુઆરી ૧૯૭૭||બાસ્સપ્પા દાનપ્પા જત્તી||1974 election page|
Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed served as a Minister before being elected as president. He died in 1977 before his term of office ended, and was the second Indian president to have died during a term of office.
|બાસ્સપ્પા દાનપ્પા જત્તી *
|૧૧ ફેબ્રુઆરી ૧૯૭૭||૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૭૭||Jatti was the vice president of India during Ahmed's term of office, and was sworn in as Acting President of India upon Ahmed's death. He earlier functioned as the Chief Minister for the State of Mysore.|
|૬||નિલમ સંજીવ રેડ્ડી
|૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૭૭||૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૮૨||મહંમદ હિદાયતુલ્લાહ||1977 election page|
N.S.Reddy was the first Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh State. Reddy was the only Member of Parliament from the Janata Party to get elected from Andhra Pradesh. He was unanimously elected Speaker of the Lok Sabha on 26 March 1977 and relinquished this office on 13 July 1977 to become the 6th President of India.
|૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૮૨||૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૮૭||રામસ્વામી વેંકટરામન||1982 election page|
In March 1972, Singh assumed the position of chief Minister of Punjab, and in 1980, he became Union Home Minister.
|૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૮૭||૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૯૨||શંકર દયાલ શર્મા||1987 election page|
In 1942, Venkataraman was jailed by the British for his involvement in the India's independence movement. After his release, he was elected to independent India’s Provisional Parliament as a member of the Congress Party in 1950 and eventually joined the central government, where he first served as Minister of Finance and Industry and later as Minister of Defence.
|૯||શંકર દયાલ શર્મા
|૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૯૨||૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૯૭||કે.આર.નારાયણન||1992 election page|
Sharma was Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, and the Indian Minister for Communications. He has also served as the governor of Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Maharashtra.
|૨૫ જુલાઇ ૧૯૯૭||૨૫ જુલાઇ ૨૦૦૨||Krishan Kant||1997 election page|
Narayanan served as India's ambassador to Thailand, Turkey, China and United States of America. He received doctorates in Science and Law and was also a chancellor in several universities. He was also the vice-chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University.
|૧૧||એ. પી. જે. અબ્દુલ કલામ
|૨૫ જુલાઇ ૨૦૦૨||૨૫ જુલાઇ ૨૦૦૭||Bhairon Singh Shekhawat||2002 election page|
Kalam, is a scientist who played a leading role in the development of India's ballistic missile and nuclear weapons programs. He also received the Bharat Ratna. Kalam was affectionately known as the People's President.
|૨૫ જુલાઇ ૨૦૦૭||૨૫ જુલાઇ ૨૦૧૨||મહંમદ હમિદ અંસારી||2007 election page|
Patil is the first woman to become the President of India. She was also the first female Governor of Rajasthan.
|૨૫ જુલાઇ ૨૦૧૨||૨૫ જુલાઇ ૨૦૧૭||મહંમદ હમિદ અંસારી||2012 election page|
Mukherjee held various posts in the cabinet ministry for the Government of India such as Finance Minister, Foreign Minister, Defence Minister and Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission.
|૨૫ જુલાઇ ૨૦૧૭||વર્તમાન||મહંમદ હમિદ અંસારી||૨૦૧૭|
રામનાથ કોવિંદ ૨૦૧૫થી ૨૦૧૭ સુધી બિહારના ગર્વનર પદે રહ્યા હતા અને ૧૯૯૪થી ૨૦૦૬ સુધી લોક સભાના સભ્ય હતા.
- "Dr. Rajendra Prasad". The Hindu. India. ૭ મે ૧૯૫૨. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Republic Day". Time. 6 February 1950. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Rajendra Prasad's birth anniversary celebrated accessdate=૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮". The Hindu. India. 10 December 2006.
- Harish Khare (૬ ડિસેમ્બર ૨૦૦૬). "Selecting the next Rashtrapati". The Hindu. India. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- Ramachandra Guha (15 એપ્રિલ 2006). "Why Amartya Sen should become the next president of India". The Telegraph. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Dr S. Radhakrishnan". The Sunday Tribune. 30 જાન્યુઆરી 2000. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Zakir Husain, Dr". Vice President's Secretariat. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Shekhawat need not compare himself to Giri: Shashi Bhushan". The Hindu. India. 12 July 2007. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Hidayatullah, Shri M". Vice President's Secretariat. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Giri, Shri Varahagiri Venkata". Vice President's Secretariat. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Gallery of Indian Presidents". Press Information Bureau of the Government of India. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Jatti, Shri Basappa Danappa". Vice President's Secretariat. Retrieved ૩૦ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- Bhargava, G.S. "Making of the Prez – Congress chief selects PM as well as President". The Tribune. India. Retrieved 6 જાન્યુઆરી 2009.
- Wolpert, Stanley A. (1999). India. University of California Press. p. 217. Retrieved 3 જાન્યુઆરી 2009.
- Hazarika, Sanjoy (17 July 1987). "Man In The News; India's Mild New President: Ramaswamy Venkataraman". The New York Times. Retrieved 6 જાન્યુઆરી 2009.
- "Venkataraman, Shri R". Vice President's Secretariat. Retrieved ૬ જાન્યુઆરી ૨૦૦૯.
- Navtej Sarna (27 December 1999). "Former President Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma passes away". Embassy of India, Washington D.C. Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- "Narayanan, Shri K, R". Vice President's Secretariat. Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- Ramana, M. V. (2002). Prisoners of the Nuclear Dream. New Delhi: Orient Longman. p. 169. Unknown parameter
- Tyagi, Kavita; Misra, Padma. Basic Technical Communication. PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd. p. 124. ISBN 978-81-203-4238-5. Retrieved ૨ મે ૨૦૧૨.
- "'Kalam was real people's President'". Hindustan Times. Indo-Asian News Service. 24 July 2007. Retrieved ૨ મે ૨૦૧૨.
- Perappadan, Bindu Shajan (૧૪ એપ્રિલ ૨૦૦૭). "The people's President does it again". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved ૨ મે ૨૦૧૨.
- Emily Wax (૨૨ જુલાઇ ૨૦૦૭). "Female President Elected in India". The Washington Post. Retrieved ૨ ડિસેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.
- "Pratibha Patil is Rajasthan's first woman governor". Express India. ૮ નવેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮. Retrieved ૬ ડિસેમ્બર ૨૦૦૮.