સંયુક્ત રાષ્ટ્રસંઘના સભ્ય દેશોની યાદી
દિશાશોધન પર જાઓ શોધ પર જાઓ
વર્તમાન સભ્યો[ફેરફાર કરો]
રાષ્ટ્રસંઘના મૂળ સભ્યોનેઅને ઘાટા અક્ષરો દ્વારા દર્શાવાયા છે.
- "The World" (PDF). United Nations. The following territories are excluded as the UN does not consider them as part of any member state: Vatican City (the Holy See is a UN non-member observer state), the Palestinian territories (Palestine is a UN non-member observer state), Western Sahara (status in dispute between Morocco and the Polisario Front), and Antarctica (regulated by the Antarctic Treaty System). Territories of states not recognized by the UN are not excluded due to the UN's position that they are part of some UN member state, including, for example, the territories governed by the Republic of China (Taiwan and other smaller islands), as the UN members voted to consider the People's Republic of China as the only lawful representative of China at the UN and the UN chooses not to question its claim that Taiwan is part of China.
- "What are Member States?". United Nations.
- "Current Member States". United Nations.
- "Blue Book "Permanent Missions to the United Nations No. 301"" (PDF). United Nations. March 2011.
- "Change of name – Cape Verde" (PDF). United Nations. 2013-10-29. મેળવેલ 2014-01-02.
- Lederer, Edith M. (16 September 2011). "UN approves Libya seat for former rebels". Google News. Associated Press. મેળવેલ 16 September 2011.
- Benin: Name was changed from Dahomey on 1 December 1975.
- Bolivia (Plurinational State of): Previously referred to as Bolivia.
- Burkina Faso: Name was changed from Upper Volta on 6 August 1984.
- Cabo Verde: Previously referred to as Cape Verde. On 24 October 2013, Cabo Verde requested that its name no longer be translated into different languages.
- Cambodia: Name was changed to the Khmer Republic on 7 October 1970, and back to Cambodia on 30 April 1975. Name was changed again to Democratic Kampuchea on 6 April 1976, and back to Cambodia on 3 February 1990.
- Cameroon: Previously referred to as Cameroun (before merging with Southern Cameroons in 1961). By a letter of 4 January 1974, the Secretary-General was informed that Cameroon had changed its name to the United Republic of Cameroon. Name was changed back to Cameroon on 4 February 1984.
- Central African Republic: By a letter of 20 December 1976, the Central African Republic advised that it had changed its name to the Central African Empire. Name was changed back to the Central African Republic on 20 September 1979.
- Congo: Previously referred to as Congo (Brazzaville) (to differentiate it from Congo (Leopoldville)) and the People's Republic of the Congo. Name was changed to Congo on 15 November 1971 (after the Democratic Republic of the Congo changed its name to Zaire). Also referred to as Congo (Republic of the).
- Côte d'Ivoire: Previously referred to as Ivory Coast. On 6 November 1985, Côte d’Ivoire requested that its name no longer be translated into different languages; this became fully effective on 1 January 1986.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Previously referred to as Congo (Leopoldville) (to differentiate it from Congo (Brazzaville)). Name was changed from the Democratic Republic of the Congo to Zaire on 27 October 1971, and back to the Democratic Republic of the Congo on 17 May 1997.
- Gambia: Previously referred to as The Gambia.
- Iran (Islamic Republic of): Previously referred to as Iran. By a communication of 5 March 1981, Iran informed the Secretary-General that it should be referred to by its complete name of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Kazakhstan: Spelling was changed from Kazakstan on 20 June 1997.
- Lao People's Democratic Republic: Name was changed from Laos on 2 December 1975.
- Libya: Formerly recognised as the Libyan Arab Republic from 1969 after originally being admitted as Libya. By notes verbales of 1 and 21 April 1977, the Libyan Arab Republic advised that it had changed its name to the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya. On 16 September 2011, the UN General Assembly awarded the UN seat to the National Transitional Council, thereby restoring the original name of Libya.
- Madagascar: Previously referred to as the Malagasy Republic.
- Maldives: Previously referred to as the Maldive Islands.
- Myanmar: Name was changed from Burma on 18 June 1989.
- Philippines: Previously referred to as the Philippine Commonwealth (before becoming a republic in 1946) and as the Philippine Republic.
- Republic of Moldova: Previously referred to as Moldova.
- Saint Kitts and Nevis: Name was changed officially from Saint Christopher and Nevis on 26 November 1986; the UN, however, continued to use the former name throughout the year.
- Sao Tome and Principe: The official UN designation lacks diacritics; however, the name is constitutionally defined as São Tomé and Príncipe, with diacritics.
- South Africa: Previously referred to as the Union of South Africa (before becoming a republic in 1961).
- Sri Lanka: Name was changed from Ceylon on 22 May 1972.
- Suriname: Name was changed from Surinam on 23 January 1978.
- Thailand: Previously referred to as Siam.
- Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of): Previously referred to as Venezuela.